Friday, November 11, 2011

DIY Disaster

Sometimes I forget that not all projects end up like you had envisioned!  This was one such project.

 While dropping off some items at Goodwill I decided to pop in.  Which actually defeats the purpose of trying to clean out your own things!  But I saw this mirror and it was marked $9.99.  And it is solid it weighs a ton.  Obviously the blue would have to go.  But do you notice the texture?  Very bumpy.  I decided not to sand as that is just way easier.  Bad decision.
I spray painted it with a sage green color first with the intention of putting white paint over and distressing it to show a bit of green. Once I started to sand I noticed that the blue was the only color showing up!  Well of course it was.  So let's skip the distressing part and go with just white instead.  Also it may have been smart to not spray paint the glass!
Here is the finished project while not a total fail it wasn't what I had pictured in my mind.  It is still bumpy and as you can see I didn't scrape all the paint off the glass.   I was going for the aged looked all along!

No comments: