Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A little project

I found a lovely little tray one day at a thrift shop for $3.00 but the centre was an ugly beach scene...



I love the beach just as much as the next person but it needed to go.  I began by peeling off the laminate coating and then the paper.  I went and bought some lovely wrapping paper and had the thought that I could use my extra large bottle of modge podge to seal it on.


But the modge podge had other ideas and it was ruined!  My lovely tray with the great wallpaper had a few wrinkles - not the look I was going for! Oops!


The next best solution was to cut out another piece of the wrapping paper and just place it on top!  No modge podge was touching this.

1 comment:

October Moon Blog said...

I thought the modge podge was a great idea! I wonder why it didn't work?