Tuesday, March 22, 2011

3 cakes later!

Hard to believe it but we don't have any more single digits in our house!  Princess Belle is now officially in the double digits.  Where has the time gone?!  I know everyone says that but it is true.  I never feel "old" on my birthday only on the kids birthdays.  Princess Belle was so excited for this day to come. 

On Sunday night we had the family celebration with Grandma and Rhino's brother too bad we missed his significant other but someone does need to work to keep us healthy! Now they have jetted off to the Dominican for a family vacation so we will catch up when we all get back.

Here is the Birthday girl with her first cake!

1st birthday cake
Because we are leaving in a few short days and so are most of her friends we decided we will do a birthday party once we get back.  But who says that we can't surprise her with having a few friends over for cake and a play after school.  She was so happy and excited.  Here goes cake number 2!


Surprise!

2nd birthday cake!


Birthday Girl!
It was funny but Princess Belle cut the pieces so big we didn't have any leftovers!  When I was making the cake one of the layers fell apart.  I was going to pitch it but I just left it on the stove.  Good thing as I patched it together with some icing and we were good to go again. I felt bad that Rhino wouldn't be getting any cake so hence the 3rd cake.

The 3rd and final cake!


One happy girl!


All in all it was a great birthday!  And now I just have to plan the party..any ideas out there?! 

No comments: