Thursday, October 13, 2011

My Break-Up

It is funny (well not really) but I do like my pop a little too much.  Just for the record I don't do coffee and I don't do alcohol so pop was kinda my thing. But I happened upon this post on breaking up with diet coke I knew she was onto something.  But I don't even drink diet pop because I don't like aspartame! So as a result I am drinking a million calories a day which is not a good thing.  A good friend who is a doctor told me to avoid aspartame as it probably isn't that good for you.

I was drinking between 1-3 cans a day and just like that post I read I would sometimes do a drive thru too - especially when McDonald's had $1 drinks in the summer!  Hey it's only a buck and I sure could use a drink mentality hit.  I read her post on Sunday and enjoyed my last pop that night.  I am on day 4 and have to say it has been going really good much better than I thought!  I'm not really craving it as bad as what I thought.  I may have had a slight headache on day 2....but it could have also just as likely been life!  Now I have to admit I did cheat today and I opened up a can but only drank about 3 mouthfuls and felt bad that I was drinking it and also that I wasn't really enjoying the taste so down the drain it went. 

I will let you know how this goes....wish me luck. Here I come day 5! Anyone else care to admit that they have this problem too?! 

No comments: